|Cultivation Status||Cultivated, Ornamental, Wild|
Grows best in a sunny position.
The plant grows well on the beach, tolerating all the salty water sprays.
- Leaves : Leaves opposite, entire, elliptic or obovate, obtuse, base acute.
- Inflorescence : Cymes
- Flower :
- Flowers in 3-flowered cymes, bracts small. Calyx copular, teeth 5, enlarged in fruit. Corolla tubular, white, tube long, hairy inside, 5-lobed, limb bilabiate, lobes unequal, oblong.
- Stamens 4, filament exserted, red, didynamous, anthers oblong.
- Ovary imperfectly 4-celled, cells 1-ovuled, style long, stigma bifid.
- Fruit : Drupe 4-lobed, pyrene, surrounded by striate, encircled by the persistent calyx at the base.
- Flowering and Fruiting Time : August – January