|Watering||In summer, water your tree at least once a week, but in winter, cut back to every four to six weeks and only if it does not rain.|
|Soil||Well draining, slightly acidic soil|
|Temperature||25 to 40 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer.|
- It is a tree is the official floral emblem of Hong Kong and it is widely cultivated in tropical regions.
- A small evergreen tree to around 7m tall.
- Flowers appear from February to November, with the peak flowering time in September to October.
- This bauhinia is sterile and rarely produces the large flat seed pods seen on other species.
- It is a fabulous Avenue tree as it flowers during the season when the leaves shed down.